Links to similar projects
The Newport Medieval Ship project has links with a number of other nautical archaeology and maritime history projects including.
- Albaola, San Sebastian museum of basque maritime heritage showcasing the building of historic wooden ships plus a training program & workshops.
- The Mary Rose. A carrack-type warship of King Henry VIII’s the English Tudor navy. She served for 33 years in several wars against France, Scotland, and Brittany, then was substantially rebuilt in 1536. She saw her last action on 19 July 1545.
- The Vasa. This ship capsized and sank in Stockholm 1628. After 333 years on the sea bed the mighty warship was salvaged and put on display.
- The Viking Ship Museum in Roskilde is the Danish museum for ships, seafaring and boatbuilding culture in ancient and medieval times.
- The Matthew of Bristol, is a replica of a caravel sailed by John Cabot in 1497 from Bristol to North America.